The Board of Directors first elected Mae as Treasurer in 2022 and is serving as Treasurer until 2024.
The Treasurer is a 2-year term and does not have to be a Director.
Following Missouri State statutes and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) for governmental accounting, the District Treasurer:
- Must be bonded
- Be Custodian of District money in different funds required by principles, law, or authorized by Board
- Keep permanent records of District money received & disbursed
- Presents bills for Board approval, unless payment authority already granted
- Informs the Board if a payment will exceed budgeted amount
- Ensures all bank accounts, open merchant accounts, & credit card accounts are reconciled
- Presents written monthly reports
- Ensures federal, state, and local tax forms are filled, e.g., 1099s
- Prepares fiscal year financial reports for the District's auditor or Board
- Fulfill any District’s financial reporting covenants with lenders, bond holders, lessors, & patrons