The Board of Directors first elected a Secretary in 2022 to serve until 2024; however, the contract with the Secretary was terminated in November 2023 and Director Mae Nelson is serving as the Secretary Pro Tem.
The Secretary is a 2-year term and does not have to be a Director.
Following common parliamentary law, the District's Secretary:
- In absence of Chair, calls Board meetings to order and immediately conducts election of Chair pro tem
- Assists Chair preparing Board meeting agendas and posts agendas
- Maintain official roll of Directors
- Keeps legal record of proceedings of all Board meetings
- Prepares and presents Board meetings minutes to Board for approval
- Possess and protect corporate seal and use seal to attest official Board acts, orders, & proceedings
- Call roll when requested by Chair
- Notify officers, committees, and Directors-Elect of their election or appointment
- Notify Directors of special meetings or changes in meeting dates or times
- Keep a record of all District, certificates, contracts, bonds given by employees and record of corporate acts
- Receive official correspondence, e.g., report from Verification Board, certain citizen petitions, etc.